Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Wedding Planning gone crazy

I've been doing a lot of wedding planning lately. It's driving me (and, I think J) completely insane. There's so much to do, and not enough time to do it all. I have my dress, J and the groomsmen have their tuxes paid for, and we know where we're doing the reception. Mostly, things are coming along well.

We DON'T have an officiant yet... It's starting to make me nervous. 2 months to go, and no one to perform the wedding yet. The priest that we have been talking to doesn't think that he'll be able to do it in June. J is Catholic... I'm not, and have been previously married. So, there are issues there. I'm not sure what we're going to do about this.

We also still need to find a tux for D. D is almost 4, and finding a somewhat affordable white tux for him is ridiculously difficult. It'll happen, but it's getting frustrating.

My bridesmaids are going to wear black dresses of their choice. Our theme is Broadway Musicals, so they're going to be fancy-ish dresses, but I know that not one style or cut is going to work for everyone, so I'm going with the same color - choose your style. So far this has gotten good reviews from the bridesmaids.

I have one of my bridesmaids that I have no idea how we're going to get her out here. She lives quite a ways away, and doesn't have much money. We've been planning to fly her out here, but I don't know how we're going to afford that, either. But I'm going to do everything in my power to have her here.

One of my other bridesmaids, one of my sisters, is pregnant, and is due a month after the wedding. Unless something bad happens, her doctor said that she would write a note for my sister to fly out here, so we'll see how that goes.

I booked our honeymoon hotel today. We're going to Vegas. It's far enough from home that it feels like we're away, but still close enough to drive. We'll be staying at the Monte Carlo. We got some really good prices on it. We'll be there for 5 days. I'm looking forward to it.

We don't have a florist, and that's stressing me a little, or a photographer, which is stressing me a LOT. My mom is making the cake (I just still need to decide on a style, how big, what we're doing with it, etc.), and we're going to put the food together ourselves, instead of having it catered.

Overall, lots of wedding stress. It's a good type of stress though, as I'm getting necessary things done. I think I'm starting to drive J nuts though. 2 months left to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment