Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Wedding Stress

I'm so tired of not having money for anything. Doesn't matter if I'm working or not, it always seems like we're struggling. I know a lot of people out there feel the same.

We're planning our wedding right now. We're supposed to get married on June 17th. Luckily with my tax return this year, we were able to put a little bit of money aside specifically for the wedding. Unfortunately, that money has recently had to go to a lot of other things. For example... the car broke down the other day. We completely disintegrated the alternator belt. So, there went over half of what we had left for the wedding. So far, for the wedding, we have purchased my dress and J's ring. That's about it. I don't know what we're going to do. *sigh*

Also on wedding planning... it's frustrating. We've been engaged for over a year already. But, of course, I put off the planning till recently. Which means I have 2 1/2 months. We know where we're doing the ceremony and reception, as I said, I have my dress, and we have a theme in mind. Other than that, we're kind of up in the air. We don't have an officiant yet, we don't have tuxes for the guys, I haven't picked out my bridesmaid's dresses, we have no idea what we're serving at the reception... I feel like it's all falling apart.

And on top of that, I may not end up having all of my bridesmaids. One of my sisters, who was supposed to be a bridesmaid is going to be 8 months pregnant at the time of the wedding. She also lives 3000 miles away. So, she may not be able to come out here for the wedding. One of my other bridesmaids, one of my very best friends ever, lives about the same distance away, but can't afford to fly out here. We were planning on buying her plane ticket, but we can't even afford the freaking tuxes, so I don't know what we're going to do with that.

I keep telling J (semi-jokingly) that we need to just elope in Vegas. His mom would be upset, so I say that we could take her with us. Then we wouldn't have to worry about all the stress and the costs and the craziness. But he won't go for it. He wants to give me the dream wedding, which is great and all, but we can't AFFORD the dream wedding. We're paying for the whole thing ourselves, and it's just getting to be too much. I start looking at wedding plans, ideas, honeymoon stuff, etc., and I just start crying. Getting married shouldn't be this stressful.

No comments:

Post a Comment